Friday, January 26, 2007

Why they are like they are

I've been thinking a lot about men lately... well not the way you think now ... well maybe a bit, but more like why they are like they are.
Let me explain that a little. I''ve been thinking about why men hold back, whey they are afraid, why they don't stand their man... I could freak out. Society tells them to be super smart, super strong, super soft, super understanding and so on... and they try... but how can they ever fulfill an image that was not meant for them. Women: We've done a huge mistake... I mean not that it is our fault... the fault was made a few thousand years ago but what I mean is feminism... I mean those women who try to take over control, women who try to form their men, women who only want the soft parts. But that is sooooooooo wrong.
I tell you what I want. I want a man who is strong in the Lord, a man who knows who he is in Christ, I want a man who love the Lord with all his heart, soul and spirit. I want a man willing to rescue me and hold me, somebody strong, somebody I can rely on, somebody who lives the adventure with me, somebody who doesn't bring his question ("Do I have what it takes", Wild at heart, John Eldredge) to me, but to the Lord, somebody who is fierce and dangerous (in a good way), somebody who is willing to fight for me!!!! I don't want to take control, I don't want to always be the one pushing the relationship...
So men, this is for you:

"Too many men forsake their dreams because they aren't willing to risk, or fear they aren't up to the challenge, or are never told that those desires deep in their heart are good. But the soul of a man (...) isn't made for controlling things; he's made for adventure. (...) If you had permission to do what you really want to do, what would you do? Don't ask how, that will cut your desire off at the knee. How is never the right question; how is a faithless question. It means "unless I can see my way clearly I won't believe it, won't venture forth." (...) How is God's department. He is asking you what. What is written in your heart? What makes you come alive? If you could do what you've always wanted to do, what would it be? You see, a man's calling is written on his true heart, and he discovers it when he enters the frontier of his heep desires. To paraphrase Bailie, don't aks yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive because what the world needs are men who have come alive." (Wild at Heart, John Eldredge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button