Monday, November 11, 2013

Movie Monday

Every year when I watch the Oscars I make a list of movies that I want to watch and Beasts of the Southern Wild was one it. I finally got around to watching it. Do you know those kind of movies you keep putting off because you know they will touch your soul and you're just not quite ready yet? Well, this is one of them.
It is one of those movies which is beautiful and funny and cute and at the same time it is heartbreaking and sad and makes you cry. I have a few things to say about this one: 1. it is absolutely beautifully done, 2. the acting was amazing. This little girl  did a phenomenal job and 3. I loved that the movie didn't interpret itself but left you standing with your own thoughts and your own interpretations. I watched it with my friend Larissa and we talked about it afterwards, tried to find our own insight into the story and that led to other topics and things which are on our heart.
I guess this quote kind of sums it up alltogether: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me lying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard, it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece in a big, big universe. And that makes things right."
Have you watched this movie? What did you think?

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button