Monday, April 9, 2007

Before the thrown of God above

Before the throne of God above,
I have a strong, a perfect plea,
A great High Pries whose name is Love,
Who ever leives and peads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart;
I know that while in heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.
No tongue can bid me thence depart.

When Satan tempts me to despair,
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there,
Who made an end to all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold him there! The risen Lamb;
My perfect, spotless Righteousness,
The great unchangeable I am;
The King of glory and of grace!
One with Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood;
My life is hid with Christ on high;
With Christ, my Savior and my God
With Christ, my Savior and my God

I bow before the Cross of Christ
And marvel at this love divine
God's perfect Son was sacrificed
To make me righteous in God's eyes
This river's depths I cannot know,
Though I can glory in its flood
The Lord most High has bowed down low
And poured on me His glorious Love
And poured on me His glorious Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button