Thursday, May 31, 2012

Keep your Eyes on the Prize

Before I get into what I is on my heart to share let me just say this: I want to be the girl in the picture. Seriously, isn't she just so classy and cool and feminine at the same time? I definitely want to rock this kind of outfit soon!

Anyways, yesterday we had our church's praise and worship night. And there was one thing I so stronly felt on my heart: "Keep your eyes on the prize".
"No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." (Phil. 3.13-14)

This is one of the verses which has stuck with me for many many years and I was yet again reminded of it yesterday.
Sometimes we get so tangled up in all the things going on, disappoinments, broken dreams, relationships, and changes that we forget the core of it all which is to follow Jesus. With all that we are. We do not focus on what is going on in our lives, but what lies ahead. The things He has called us to be and and to accomplish but not for our own glory but to be His Hands and His Feet on this planet.

And maybe you don't know where you're going yet or what His "Calling" is for your life - I don't know all of it either - but the main thing is to stay close to Him and His Heart. That is when you embark on great adventures with Him. He will take you places you've never been before and see things you've never seen before and fulfill your dreams in such a way you did not even dare to dream or imagine. He is the One who makes the impossible, possible!

So, fix your eyes on Jesus, the beginning and the end and He will lead you through this amazing adventure called Life.

xoxo

Ramona


picture via

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button