Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Giving up


Sometimes in life we have to give things up. Things come to an end.
I had to do this quite often in my life. Like, giving up this certain TV Show because it was not good for me. Giving up friends or a boyfriend.
If I were to put language over the last couple of months it has all been about letting go and giving up. There have been situations where things from my past would come up and would really tear me down. Things I didn't even know they were still there. Very uncomfortable feelings that rose and that scared me because I thought I was stronger or had overcome these kind of things. But then again it was good that it came up because it gave me the chance to deal with it. I was able to completely let it go and and be freed in these areas.
And then there have been things that I really wanted or hoped for or thought were right and I had to find out that they are not. They just hold me back from becoming the person I should be and so I have given up. And there are still things where I have to figure out how to give them up and move forward, like certain ministries in church where I have put too much on my plate instead of asking God what he wants to put on my plate and he never gives us too much and all these things were probably right. Yet I have come to a place of wanting to move on. I want to be the Leader He wants me to be. I want to minister to people the BEST way I can.
So, I'm still trying to figure it all out, trying to make the right choices. And it is all a process. A process of becoming the woman God wants me to be...

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." ~ Proverbs 4:34

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button