Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Issues of the Heart Part II


Last week I started talking about the heart... again. I think there is almost not one day recently where I don't ponder about the heart in one or the other way.
And today I want to do the second part of what I started last week.
There are seasons in our lives where our hearts get troubled, where we deal with stuff in our lives but it is up to us to not let that define our lives but know that it is only for a while.
I wrote about the importance to run to God, to have God ordained friendships and to not underestimate the power of the local church. All three of which I believe are essential and crucial in dealing with the heart issues.
But those are also the things that will be most under attack when we go through those seasons. Yet I want to talk today about four things that will help us come through what we're going through and will give you my thoughts on them:

"And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God. Please open your hearts to us. We have not done wrong to anyone, nor led anyone astray, nor taken advantage of anyone. I’m not saying this to condemn you. I said before that you are in our hearts, and we live or die together with you. I have the highest confidence in you, and I take great pride in you. You have greatly encouraged me and made me happy despite all our troubles."
(2. Corinthians 6:18, 7:1-4)

1. Keep a clean heart
Make sure that whatever you are going through to keep a clean heart ("...let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body and spirit."). If somebody hurt you don't go out talking bad stuff about them. Make sure that from your side of the perspective you keep things clean and holy. I find that in those times we go through things the best way to get over it is to allow the Lord deeply into our heart, clean out all the bitterness, despair and hurt and bring His light into our hearts to heal and restore what has been broken.

2. Keep an open heart
This one is so important. It happens so easily in those times our heart is troubled to just shut it down, build a wall and be hardened. But I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to keep an open heart ("Please open your hearts to us."). Yes we are still risking being hurt again but we are also making our lives bigger and following the promises the Lord has for us. Open your heart and be open to the road He is leading you on. I wrote more on that subject a few weeks ago here.

3. Keep a loyal heart
I am in fact a very loyal person when it comes to the friendships in my life and I think it is sooo important to stay loyal especially with the God ordained people in your life ("I said before that you are in our hearts, and we live or die together with you."). Even if you are going through rough times together with them. Do not allow any bitterness to come between the friendships. Be loyal to them and be loyal to your church family as well.

4. Keep a teachable heart
I believe that whatever we go through or whatever the issues might be it is very important to stay teachable because when you do you keep staying soft and open to change. And God will put people into your life to speak right into your life and point out those things to work through. Stay teachable because it will allow you to come out on the other side of the tunnel a better and stronger person.

To close this off I just want to encourage you that whatever it is you are going through don't let it define you, but work through it. Keep your heart clean and open, stay loyal and teachable and know that the Lord will always be with you and carry you through it all.

xoxo

Ramona

picture via because trees grow around their wounds and keep reaching for the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button