Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 11 Commit to the Mountain

Swiss Alps on our Leadership retreat

Sometimes in life a season ends. Sometimes we think that something comes to an end. And maybe it has been something we have been longing for so desperately, maybe the end of a dream, the end of a season in life.
And that end can scare us for we do not know what will come afterwards.
I have been at that moment this year, actually only a couple months ago. But! Oh BUT! When something comes to an end it does not mean that you are finished!
When Jesus died on the cross it was an end, but it was not finished! How I love that!
When this one season this year ended, a season that endured for a while, a season of climbing another mountain I wasn't finished. I didn't have to be scared. Because I wasn't finished! Something ended, but I kept on going, I kept on growing and now I can look back and can see Jesus work in the process!

I guess I just want to encourage you that the best days are still ahead of you. This might be the end of something, but it sure is the beginning of something else. Maybe you have reached a certain point on the way up the mountain and you feel like giving up. Maybe in the middle of momentum, in the middle of a successful climb you have lost hope. There is only one way though and that's up the mountain. Commit to it. You are not finished because Jesus is not only the beginning, he is also the end. He is Alpha and Omega!

xoxo

Ramona


2 comments:

  1. CAN YOU SEARCH DEEPER INSDIE AND WRITE MORE ON THIS TOPIC, COMMITING TO THE MOUNTAIN?

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button