Friday, January 27, 2012

To be loved most ardently


Why is it that when we watch scenes like that that we feel this yearning inside? This desire?
I believe (and this goes especially for us girls) that we have the desire to be wanted, to be loved "most ardently". We want a man to look at us like he has not seen beauty like this before.

And to be honest, I believe it was meant to be that way. That when a man sees that woman. That woman he knows he is meant to be with he will not be able to take his eyes off of her. I'm thinking of the Garden of Eden. God created the perfect woman for Adam and brought her before him and in that very moment Adam knew. He knew she suited him, she was the one, the one he had been looking for before God put him to sleep.

Truth be told I am one of these girls who watch Pride & Prejudice and I have goose bumps most of the time. I sigh half of the movie and my heart beats faster especially when watching the scene shown above.
And I believe that is legitimate because it triggers that desire inside. That God given desire to be wanted. loved and be found lovely.

I am at a point in my life where I don't have a man looking at me like this. And that is ok because ultimately no man can fulfill that desire inside to the extent it needs to be fulfilled. Only God can do that. The way he sees me is lovely, beautiful, astonishing and He wants me more than anybody could ever want me. He loves me more than anybody could ever love me.

And His love is sufficient. It is all I need. It is fulfilling and I see my heart held in His hands.

Lord, I am yours. I love you more than life. You are all I want. You are all I need.

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button