Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Turning to Page 29

It amazes me how I seem to have a song for each season in my life. How songs come back to me only to express and give words to the circumstances of my life. And I have already updated my Current Soundtrack, trying to piece together some music that has currently been playing on my CD player. I know I will change it up soon again as times are changing - as I am changing.
But today I want to share a song I have shared before and it came back to me again. It is the continuance of yesterday's post.
So turn up the volume and listen to the song while I post the lyrics:

Page 28 by Sleeping At Last on Grooveshark

Have you read the script?
Could you picture it?
...is it worth the risk?

Everything I love
Is on the line
On these neon signs

But I need to know - when you looked away
Was it something that I said?
Was it something that I said?
Well okay, okay I need you more than I did before
Now that the concrete is nearly set

Here in the second act I'm living in repair
Strange how the heart adapts when its pieces disappear
And there on page 28 I'm so tired of drying glue
I begin my grand attempt at building something new

Though I tend to write
The epiphany more immediately
I guess I'm trusting that there's such a thing
As elegance in dissonance

God, I'm skeptical of pulling scenes
Was it something that I said?
Was it something that I said?
Please don't get me wrong - I still need your help
As history repeats itself

Here in the aftermath I'm pulling at the seams
Strange how the heart adapts in the absence of routine
And there on page 29 I find "new" and make it mine
But I can't help casting shadows on all I leave behind

Maybe I could afford to change a bit
Even let go of the reigns?
Every torn out page was worth the risk
Now that the stakes have been raised

So here in the final draft
I've given all I have
Strange how the heart expands in the absence of a plan
There's nothing left on the page, but I'm ok with that
For I found my resolution
Was designed for stronger hands

Page 28, Sleeping at Last


So here I am looking at Page 29 without a plan or a draft. The only thing left is knowing that I have an amazing God with greater plans.

xoxo

Ramona


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button