Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 23: Presents


I have to be honest with you. I do not like wrapping presents. I am also not really good at it. So the only way I enjoy it and find creativity in it is to come up with a creative masterplan each year that make my presents look special (at least for me).
Today I was contemplating the gift giving and why I try to give uncommercial. Everybody is always complaining how commercial Christmas is and how they dislike it all. But I say, change the situation! Seriously start giving things you made, things that matter, things that mean something. It shifts your way of thinking, the way people receive the presents and it is actually going against the mainstream.
I started this a few years ago and I always try to give things that are special, yes I invest money, but mostly I invest my creativity, my time and heart.
For example I give time of myself or I give other people time with each other. Or I make a CD or I bake things.
I have friends whose love language is gifts and who rejoice with materialistic presents and I fulfill their wish. Because ultimately gift giving is not about myself but about the person receiving the gift.

Anyway... just thought I'd share. Also I made my gift tags this year out of paper doilies and like every year I am baking Banana Sour Cream Bread for my friends. It has already become a tradition!



Tomorrow is the day! The day that Christ was born!

Much love.

xoxo


Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button