Thursday, August 15, 2013

On a personal (dance) note

I apologizie in advance for the complete overload of dance that't coming today and tomorrow! I just cannot hold myself back from posting such beautiful routines.
Yesterday's episode of So you think you can dance was again breathtaking. I already started crying 10 minutes into the episode and was at the edge of my chair (sofa) the whole time.
Dance for me is an artform so expressive, so real, so raw it can transcend, it can show what words can't say.
You might say, "oh this is just commercial dancing, it isn't real." You might be right. It is commercial dancing. My question though is, "does it make the emotions expressed and the story told less real if a choreographer put their whole heart into creating such a piece to tell their personal story and the dancers performing such story bringing it to life?"
Anyways, here's two very emotional and very personally imporant dance for me from yesterday's show: This dance had me crying by the first note of the song mostly because of the song as it holds a special place in my heart ever since watching "Romeo & Juliet" by Baz Luhrmann when I was 13 years old. It is fearless and full of trust and a picture of true love. Of holding each other up, of doing life together. Again this song has had a very special place in my heart since last year when I had it on repeat for weeks. The dance is about the process of a break up and the letting go.

I hope you enjoy the dances as much as I did.

xoxo

Ramona

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button