Friday, August 9, 2013

Pictures in my head

The other day I biked home from work and it started to rain and at some point of the ride I just looked skywards and said, "ok, rain, today I surrender to you."
My ride goes through some pretty beautiful places and riding there with the rain pouring down and my being a hopeless romantic you can imagine (or maybe you can't) the films going on my head.
I kind of started laughing at myself thinking, "all these movies have really corrupted my thinking and imagination and because of them I see all these things in my head."

But then I remembered being a little girl playing outside in the fields and imagining all these stories. I had films and pictures in my mind of grand romance and adventure and I could hear the music playing to these scenes and I could build this whole world in my head. And that is exactly how it still is. The movies have definitely influenced it and probably sharpened it in many ways but the films have always been there.

So I guess it is how Stasi Eldredge so very wonderfully said in her book Captivating: "... every woman in her heart of hearts longs for three things: to be romanced, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, and to unveil beauty."

How we desire these things and how we imagine them is different for all of us. For me it's films in my head and music and great romance which reminds me that the desire is there and that I agree with every single word of this quote.

xoxo

Ramona


picture via

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you. Your thoughts, ideas and inspiration...leave me a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pin it Button